Whether “wet” or “white,” what remains is Michele’s preaching about how Jonathan and his “compatriot soldier took the entire [Philistine] army down.”
What is a Philistine? The non-biblical meaning is a person who has no understanding of and is hostile to culture and the arts. Of course, Bachmann would never apply that meaning to herself.
You might be a modern-day Philistine if you believe that:
- The world was not created in six days with one day reserved as a rest day for some mythical god.
- A guy named Jesus did not die for your sins.
- Global warming is not a plot concocted by climate scientists.
- Reproductive rights are essential and that Roe is settled law.
- Women should never submit to men
- Marriage is not a “special right,” reserved for heterosexuals.
- “Man” does not have dominion over the Earth
- Coal kills.